Another great weeknight dinner that can be thrown together quickly (save time and prep the veggies the day before or earlier in the day). There is so much flavor in this dish and bonus a great low carb alternative to the original philly steak sub!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 3 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced thinly
- 1 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 package Shaved Beef
- 1 package Provolone Cheese Slices
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice green peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Lay them in the bottom of a baking dish in a single layer and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake green peppers for 10 minutes.
- While those are baking add your red pepper and red onion slices to a skillet with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Once tender add in your shaved beef and cook fully. Drizzle in a bit of worcestershire sauce for added flavor.
- Remove green peppers from the oven. Place a piece of provolone cheese in the bottom of each pepper and then fill with the beef mixture from the skillet.
- Once all peppers are filled cover each peper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply